Thinking Out Loud, who captured the $1.5 million North America Cup in his most recent outing, has drawn post three in the second of two eight horse eliminations for the $600,000 Meadowlands Pace.
Thinking Out Loud winning the NA Cup final. (New Image Media)
The $50,000 eliminations, which will determine the 10 starters in the final and will go postward Saturday night at the Meadowlands. Included among his competition in the event is Time To Roll, who finished a close second in the NA Cup final. He's drawn post five for Andy Miller.
Randy Waples will be up behind Thinking Out Loud, a son of Ponder owned by trainer Bob McIntosh and fellow breeders CSX Stable and Al McIntosh. The colt is 4-1-1 in six tries this year for $814,000 earned. He tuned up for Saturday's contest with a 1:52.2 winning qualifier last Friday at Mohawk.
Dapper Dude, Thinking Out Loud's stablemate from the McIntosh barn who finished third in the NA Cup, was not entered in the Meadowlands Pace eliminations, nor was last year's top Canadian juvenile Warrawee Needy. However, the remainder of the field in the NA Cup will all start in the eliminations.
Another Canadian owned hopeful in the Pace elims is State Treasurer. (New Image Media)
Sweet Lou and State Treasurer, who collected the final two cheques in the Cup final, have drawn into the first elimination with Sweet Lou getting post two for Dave Palone and trainer Ron Burke. It will be the Yankee Cruiser son's first start since the June 16th race at Mohawk.
State Treasurer will also be making his first appearance since the Cup final. Dr. Ian Moore trains the son of Real Desire for Sally MacDonald of PEI and Sophie MacDonald of Sask.
The two eliminations will go to post as follows:
First Elimination - Race Five
1. Bettors Edge, Tim Tetrick, Linda Toscano, 5-1
2. Sweet Lou, Dave Palone, Ron Burke, 9-5
3. Shakerattlenroll, Jim Morrill Jr., Robert Horowitz, 15-1
4. Allstar Legend, Brian Sears, George Teague, 5-1
5. A Rocknroll Dance, Yannick Gingras, Jim Mulinix, 3-1
6. State Treasurer, David Miller, Ian Moore, 10-1
7. Simply Business, Ron Pierce, Jimmy Takter, 12-1
8. Hurrikane Kingcole, George Brennan, John McDermott, 4-1
Second Elimination - Race Six
1. Pet Rock, Brian Sears, Virgil Morgan Jr., 6-1
2. Heston Blue Chip, Tim Tetrick, Linda Toscano, 9-2
3. Thinking Out Loud, Randall Waples, Robert McIntosh, 5-2
4. Mel Mara, George Brennan, Tony Alagna, 8-1
5. Time To Roll, Andy Miller, Jimmy Takter, 4-1
6. Hillbilly Hanover, Ron Pierce, Nifty Norman, 15-1
7. Bolt The Duer, Mark MacDonald, Peter Foley, 7-2
8. I Fought Dalaw, David Miller, Sam DePinto, 12-1